The Sarasota Ballet is a nationally and internationally renowned ballet company, focused on bringing the highest quality of dance to Sarasota and the nation. Having received rave reviews in many of the nation's most acclaimed dance publications and with invitations to perform at some of the country's most prestigious dance venues, The Sarasota Ballet's reputation for excellence and integrity to the art form is recognized across the globe.
Our dedicated staff work tirelessly to continue to grow the Company, season after season, and to match the professionalism and hard work that our audience members see on stage every performance.
Current Career Opportunities
Assistant Program Director, Dance – The Next Generation
Dance – The Next Generation (DNG) is an after-school program which provides dance and arts education to students who are identified as ‘at-risk’ of dropping out of school. DNG is designed to develop the entire individual with a focus on instilling discipline, heightening self-esteem, and strengthening a desire for higher education.
The Assistant Program Director is a full-time exempt position integral to the Education department. The individual in this role will be an organized self-starter, passionate about dance education and interested in helping to develop the DNG program and its connections with the local community.
Provides programmatic and operational support to the Program Director with all duties as required, not limited to but including:
- Create and maintain a welcoming, inclusive, nurturing, and structured environment within the program.
- Develop and implement enrichment activities that are age appropriate and reinforce current academic curriculum.
- Safeguard the health and safety of all students.
- Maintain complete and accurate data and information regarding all aspects of the program. Ensuring that statistical data and information is readily available for tracking program success.
- Develop, coordinate and work with volunteers on education mentoring.
- Assist in managing all external partnerships, i.e. snack program.
- Keep track of and maintain supplies as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Teach dance classes (ballet, jazz, composition according to experience) at various age and technique levels.
- Choreograph, manage, and oversee end-of-year performance.
- Assist in developing, improving, and enhancing dance curriculum.
- Assist in student evaluations/assessments.
- Liaison with dance faculty.
- Additional duties as required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience teaching a variety of ages.
- Ensure confidentiality with sensitive and private information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Experience working with a wide demographic to include children, parents, and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to create a positive and inclusive atmosphere that facilitates a high level of learning.
- Passion for utilizing dance as a catalyst for change.
- Strong organization and communication skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain poised under pressure and make sound decisions.
- Must have a flexible schedule with evening and weekend work expected.
- Administrative experience at an arts organization highly desirable.
- Experience at developing enrichment activities that promote learning and encourage cooperation and understanding.
- American Ballet Theatre® National Training Curriculum certified.
- Multi-lingual especially Spanish.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Seasonal Part-time Driver
The Sarasota Ballet is looking for seasonal, part-time, weekday drivers for our Dance - The Next Generation program. Drivers will be responsible for picking up students at their respective school and transporting them to our Dance - The Next Generation facility. Students are picked up in Ford Transit 14 passenger vans with a heightened room. Hours of work are Monday through Friday from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. beginning the first week of September and ending at the beginning of May. Candidates must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and able to pass a background check. Candidates must be dependable, trustworthy and have the ability to work with children and adults within a diversified arts organization. Compensation is to be discussed.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Sarasota Ballet is currently looking for volunteers to help in two vital areas of the Company. We are looking for volunteers to assist in our Box Office, where you will work with our Box Officer Manager Rod Kelly to provide our patrons the highest quality of customer service to help. We are also looking for volunteers to work with our at-risk students at Dance - The Next Generation, where you will work with DNG Program Director Lisa Townsend to create for our students a fun, stable and constructive environment as they explore the world of dance with The Sarasota Ballet.
For information on volunteering in our Box Office, please contact Rod Kelly at [email protected]
For information on volunteering at Dance - The Next Generation, please contact Lisa Townsend at [email protected].