The Sarasota Ballet is a nationally and internationally renowned ballet company, focused on bringing the highest quality of dance to Sarasota and the nation. Having received rave reviews in many of the nation's most acclaimed dance publications and with invitations to perform at some of the country's most prestigious dance venues, The Sarasota Ballet's reputation for excellence and integrity to the art form is recognized across the globe.
Our dedicated staff work tirelessly to continue to grow the Company, season after season, and to match the professionalism and hard work that our audience members see on stage every performance.
Current Career Opportunities
Assistant Program Director
The Assistant Program Director is a full-time exempt position integral to the Education department. The individual in this role will be an organized self-starter, passionate about dance education and interested in helping to develop the Dance – The Next Generation (DNG) program through local community connections and engagement.
Dance – The Next Generation (DNG) is an after-school program which provides dance and arts education to students who are identified as at-risk of dropping out of school. DNG is designed to develop the entire individual with a focus on instilling discipline, heightening self-esteem, and strengthening a desire for higher education.
Dance – The Next Generation’s Mission:
To inspire, motivate and educate the Dance – The Next Generation students to graduate from high school through the discipline of dance.
- Create, implement, and manage educational programming based on current curriculum standards, in collaboration with DNG Program Director.
- Develop and implement enrichment activities that are age appropriate.
- Assist in the recruiting and retention of students in the program.
- Establish and strengthen working relationships with partner schools.
- Recruit, coordinate, train, and oversee volunteers.
- Create and maintain a welcoming, inclusive, nurturing, and structured environment within the program.
- Safeguard the health and safety of all students.
- Continuously maintain complete and accurate data and information regarding all aspects of the program, thus ensuring that statistical data and information is readily available for reporting and tracking program success.
- Institute and cultivate relationships with outside community partners to establish resources that add value to student enrichment in the program.
- Establishing long term goals of implementing and facilitating additional community outreach programs.
- Keep track of and maintain supplies as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience.
- Experience working within an educational or artistic program or organization.
- Ability to create a positive and inclusive atmosphere that facilitates a high level of learning.
- Experience working with a wide demographic to include children, parents, and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive and private information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organization and communication skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule with evening and weekend work expected.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license.
- Passion for the arts, specifically dance.
- Administrative experience at an arts organization highly desirable.
- Experience at developing enrichment activities that promote learning and encourage cooperation and understanding.
- Multi-lingual especially Spanish.
Shuttle Van Driver
The Shuttle Van Driver is a seasonal, part-time, hourly position essential to the Dance – The Next Generation program. The individual in this role must be dependable, trustworthy, and enjoy working with elementary school aged children.
The focus of this position is to successfully transport elementary aged students from their respective school(s) to the Dance – The Next Generation studios in a timely, safe, and healthy environment.
- Display a thorough understanding of the safe operation of a Ford Transit Passenger Van (14 passenger).
- Perform a pre and post route inspection, including a complete interior inspection of the van after each trip.
- Maintain the proper records and reports as required.
- Report all irregularities in vehicle performance.
- Maintain a clean van interior and exterior.
- Instruct students in safety precautions and van rules.
- See children safely on and off the van.
- Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- Follow attendance, punctuality, and proper dress code rules.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Maintain positive relationships and communicate effectively with coworkers, school staff, students, and all other parties involved.
- Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background and driving record check.
- Successful drug screening.
- Thorough understanding of State of Florida traffic regulations.
- Ability to interact with students and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and trustworthy.
- Strong, positive experience working with elementary school aged children.
This position follows the Sarasota County Schools calendar and works a maximum of 10 hours a week, 2 hours a day from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. during the school year.
For consideration, please submit your application to [email protected].
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Sarasota Ballet is currently looking for volunteers to help in two vital areas of the Company. We are looking for volunteers to assist in our Box Office, where you will work with our Box Officer Manager Rod Kelly to provide our patrons the highest quality of customer service to help. We are also looking for volunteers to work with our at-risk students at Dance - The Next Generation, where you will work with DNG Program Director Lisa Townsend to create for our students a fun, stable and constructive environment as they explore the world of dance with The Sarasota Ballet.
For information on volunteering in our Box Office, please contact Rod Kelly at [email protected]
For information on volunteering at Dance - The Next Generation, please contact Lisa Townsend at [email protected].
The Sarasota Ballet of Florida, Inc. requires all employees, contract workers, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine.
The Sarasota Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.