THE SARASOTA BALLET SCHOOL 2020-21
Registration is now open for the 2020-21 school year. We will be commencing classes on Monday, September 14 to allow families to settle in to academic schedules first. There are 3 options for students to join our classes this fall:
3. Hybrid - a mix of in-person and virtually (for Levels 1 and above only)
The health and safety of our students, families and staff is of utmost importance. Please see below for some of the guidelines that we will be implementing to keep everyone safe while dancing with us.
2020-21 SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
SARASOTA BALLET SCHOOL CHILDREN'S PROGRAM | AGES 2-7
Discover the joy of dance in this fun and creative program designed specially for children. Led by qualified and
nurturing teachers experienced in child development, children attend one class per week.
SARASOTA BALLET SCHOOL | Ages 8+
Begin formal ballet training in a safe, fun, and creative learning environment. The progressive curriculum is taught by our certified teachers in a structured class that improves and develops coordination, discipline and life skills. We also offer a Teen class for students ages 12 and above who have little or no experience in dance.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
The Sarasota Ballet is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for students, families and staff. The safety protocols in this document have been put together in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state guidelines and local advice. In addition, the protocols were developed in concert with our colleagues at other professional dance schools across the USA.
- Students must arrive with their dance attire under their street clothes
- Before entering the studio, a health screen and temperature check will be taken
- The decision to admit a student to the building rests solely with Sarasota Ballet staff.
- Please note that all students will be required to wear masks at all times including while dancing. Students should therefore have more than one mask to wear during their classes. We will be altering some aspects of class to help with student's breathing. Students who do not wear a mask will not be eligible to participate in in-person classes.
- 6 feet social distancing will be maintained throughout, and class sizes will be capped. Barre and centre spots will be marked out clearly.
- The Sarasota Ballet is implementing CDC recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting their facilities.
We care about you! Click below to see the Health and Safety procedures we are implementing to protect you.