YAGP PARTNER SCHOOL
We are now accepting video and in-person auditions for our 21/22 Trainee Program. Our hope is that we will be able to run the program as 'normally' as possible, however we may change to a virtual program should any new COVID-19 developments warrant it. We also welcome new faculty for the 21/22 school year - Lindsay Fischer and Risa Kaplowitz, along with guest faculty Franco De Vita and Raymond Lukens. See below for links to their biographies.
The Sarasota Ballet's Trainee Program offers talented students a well-rounded curriculum designed to prepare them for their next steps in their dance career. The program focuses on training with performance opportunities and a chance to work alongside The Sarasota Ballet’s Studio Company.
WORLD CLASS FACULTY
Education Director - Christopher Hird
Assistant Education Director - Dierdre Miles Burger
Assistant Education Director - Lindsay Fischer (new faculty this year!)
New Faculty Member - Risa Kaplowitz
Faculty Member - Addul Manzano
We have a strong program to develop men's virtuosity, partnering and contemporary. Faculty includes Education Director, Christopher Hird, Assistant Education Director Lindsay Fischer and former principal dancer of Charlotte Ballet, Addul Manzano. Trainee Men also have the opportunity to work alongside The Sarasota Ballet Studio Company.
- Classes in classical and modern technique, pointe, men's virtuosity, pas de deux, conditioning, variations and repertoire
- Work alongside Sarasota Ballet Studio Company
- Students may have the opportunity to understudy Company roles
- Career advice and audition preparation
- Exchange program with Canada's National Ballet School
- Choreography Showcase for students who are interested in exploring choreography
- Students are prepared for Youth America Grand Prix, ADC/IBC
- Students receive free tickets to each Company production
- Ladies have the special chance to give flowers to the Principal dancers at opening nights
- Opportunity to assist in younger student classes and develop teaching skills
Extensive Performing Opportunities
Previous performances have included:
- Nutcracker Winter Showcase
- Marie Selby Gardens - New Year's Eve celebration
- Sarasota Opera House - hour-long performance with live music from Key Chorale
- School Matinee performances
- Lecture demonstrations at community organizations
- Images of Dance - end of year performance at Sarasota Opera House
For more information and to audition, please contact:
Students may audition in person, via Zoom or or send in a video submission. Students should Pre-Register for their video audition. Cost is $35.
For more information, please contact: [email protected] | 941-225-6520